FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Texas State Forest Festival Recognized in 25 Categories
LUFKIN, TEXAS (August 7, 2013)… After another successful Texas State Forest Festival, the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce brought home 25 different awards from the Texas Festivals and Events Association (TFEA). The Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce won the Zenith award; which is presented to the best 2012 festival in the state in each budget category. The Chamber was also presented with eighteen 1st place awards, three 2nd place awards and three 3rd place awards.
Billy Ball, Chairman of the Texas State Forest Festival committee says, “One of the greatest communities in the world is volunteers. Lufkin is really a ‘can do’ community. We put this festival on for our families and people from all over the United States. It is because of our sponsors, volunteers and Chamber personnel that the Texas State Forest Festival is so great. I am proud to serve as chairman and really believe in what we do.”
The 28th Texas State Forest Festival placed first in the following categories:
- Best Event Website (TexasStateForestFestival.com)
- Best Festival/Event Mobile App (TexasStateForestFestival.com)
- Best Newspaper Insert/Supplement (Lufkin Daily News)
- Best Event/Organization Newsletter (BusinessLink produced by Lufkin Daily News)
- Best Miscellaneous Printed Material – Multipage
- Best Cover Design (BusinessLink produced by Lufkin Daily News)
- Best Single Newspaper Display Ad (Lufkin Daily News)
- Best Single Magazine Display Ad (The Journey Magazine)
- Best Event Invitation (Zimmerman Communications)
- Best Street Banner (Dixie Flags / DFEST)
- Best Sponsor (Brookshire Brothers)
- Best Volunteer Program
- Best New Promotion
- Best Event Within an Existing Festival (Southern Hushpuppy Championships)
- Best Public Safety/Security Plan (Security Service of Lufkin)
- Best Press/Media Kit
- Best Vendor/Supplier (Round Table/ Famous Ribeye Sandwiches)
- Best Media Relations Campaign
The festival placed second in the following categories:
- Best TV Promotion (Produced by KTRE TV 9)
- Best Event Program (The Journey Magazine)
- Best Mascot
The festival placed third in the following categories:
- Best Radio Promotion
- Best Social Media
- Best Promotional Poster (Zimmerman Communications)
Last year the Texas State Forest Festival saw more than 27,000 people from 102 different Texas cities and 6 different states. The festival brings a large amount of business and tourism to Angelina County and is a great opportunity for entertainment and education for children and adults.
This year’s 29th Annual Texas State Forest Festival presented by Brookshire Brothers takes place September 18-22. For more information on festival events, go to TexasStateForestFestival.com.
Pictured from left to right seated: Melissa Wheeler (Chamber), Sally Alvis (Brookshire Bros.), Billy Ball (Justice of the Peace), Tami Jones (Townsquare Media), Susie Cardwell (Chamber).
Standing: Claudia Salazar (Chamber), Jennifer McHenry (KSWP/KAVX), Shaina Strong (Chamber), Tim Alvey (East Texas Professional Credit Union), Jill West (Chamber), Burt Hairgrove (George H. Henderson Exposition Center), Kaitlin Wieseman (Texas Forestry Museum), Charlene Black (Chamber), Rachel Collins (Texas Forestry Museum), Sally Allen (Chamber).